Training and Skills Development
The training arm of Everyman Theatre. Monthly sessions have a focus on theatre skills and are organised by a planning sub-committee
MELTING POT: Training and Skills Development
- MELTING POT is the training arm of Everyman Theatre. Monthly sessions have a focus on theatre skills and are organised by a planning sub-committee, currently chaired by Barry Slack
- A fully costed programme of training events by professionals in theatre and drama take place during Wednesday club nights from September until May – these sessions are on the first Wednesday of the month.
- They are primarily provided for members of Everyman but non-members are also welcome. They are FREE except the day course in spring.
- Monthly reports are presented at Everyman Board meetings on all MELTING POT activity.
- Since 2018, MELTING POT has offered day courses in theatre skills. These have been held in Llanover Hall and are in spring (e.g. Frantic Assembly 2018). A small charge is necessary for these workshops.
- MELTING POT now runs an annual residential course for teachers of Drama, Performing Arts and Primary in January. Non-teachers are also welcome. A fee is charged for this course.
MELTING POT training opportunities have included sessions on the following:
- Performance skills – acting, improvisation, devising
- Auditioning techniques and advice
- Backstage Work – Lighting, props, stage management
- Mask Work and Commedia dell ‘arte
- Physical Theatre
- Radio Drama
- Royal Shakespeare Company Training events
- Writing for the Theatre
It is important to point out that:
- MELTING POT sessions have a needs-based skills, development and training remit.
- They are led mainly by professional practitioners, or by our own specialists.
- The training programme is planned, costed and paid for by Everyman for YOU.
- Members can offer ideas for future sessions or a professional practitioner who might provide a suitable workshop.
- Generally speaking, the FIRST Clubnight of the month – for each month that Clubnights operate (September to May) – is designated a MELTING POT session.
- The Training Sessions are designed to deliver experiences which should be FUN, as well as great learning opportunities for all participants.