“MELTING POT” EVENTS
“MELTING POT” sessions have a focus on Theatre Skills, are organised by a Planning Group – currently Chaired by Barry Slack – as part of a fully-costed Programme of Training events which can happen throughout the year. They are provided for members of Everyman only. Monthly reports are presented at Everyman Board meetings on all “MELTING POT” activity. Occasionally, if the fees required by the Professional/s involved and/ or venue or room hire costs come into play, a small charge is made for some sessions. Training sessions are not always held in the Club Room.
Melting Pot Training opportunities include sessions on the following:
Aspiring and new Directors;
Backstage Work – Lighting; Props; Stage Management;
Mask Work and Commedia Dell ‘Arte;
National Theatre Wales productions;
Original plays and Projects;
Royal Shakespeare Company Training events;
Touring Productions – small-scale and full-scale;
Writing for the Theatre.
It is important to point out that:
- “MELTING POT” sessions has a needs-based skills, development, training remit;
- They are for Everyman members only and are generally FREE;
- They are led mainly by Professional Practitioners, occasionally by our own specialists;
- The Training Programme is planned, costed and paid for, by Everyman for YOU;
- Sessions are arranged based on the availability of the professionals involved, the availability of the Club Room and/ or other rooms and venues, where appropriate;
- Generally speaking, the FIRST Club Night of the month – for each month that Club Nights operate (September to May) – is designated a “MELTING POT” session;
- The Training Sessions are designed to deliver experiences which should be FUN, as well as great learning opportunities for all participants.