Everyman are very pleased to announce a new initiative. We are joining a number of other companies (Matter of Act, Go Theatre, Unknown Theatre) to form a Pub Theatre Festival. Dates to be announced but it will be held a month or so before mainstream theatre opens properly. At the moment we are looking at possibly late November / early December.
This Pub Theatre Festival is additional to our mainstage Playhouse Season which will recommence as soon as theatres properly re-open.
The idea is for us to tour up to two shows in the function rooms of up to 6 pubs in the Cardiff area on successive Sunday lunchtimes. We would expect small audiences of around 20 per performance. This would mean that the potential shows must:
• Be one act plays of between 60 – 90 minutes in length
• Have minimum lighting / sound requirements
• Have a cast size of between 4 – 10
• Have little or no set
• Have limited costume
The Board invites submissions from members who have either directed a main stage Everyman show or recently directed a clubnight production. The usual two year rule does not apply as this is a special one-off non-main stage production.
* Submissions should be one side of A4 only. They need to include the director’s vision for the piece and why they think it would be ideal for a pub performance as well as indications of any simple technical support – simple lighting/sound, costume etc. Performance rights must be available and an indication of cost must be given. Cast size needs to be included. The cast size, as mentioned needs to be 4 – 10 but the Board is keen to involve as many of the membership as possible so casts at the upper end of that scale may be looked on more favourably.
* Please send submissions (or any queries) to email@example.com
Deadline – August 1st.
A play submissions committee will meet via Zoom on August 8th. The successful applicants will be informed that day.
Auditions will be held in early September and rehearsals, probably via Zoom at first, should begin in September.